Thursday 28 March 2024

Introductions: Eira

I thought I'd start my herd introductions with Eira,  my one and only unicorn from Breyer (so far!). She's the Christmas unicorn ornament release from 2021, and she's such a sweetheart. I have a soft spot for draft type horses, so her stockier build and lovely feathering is right up my alley. 


She's also the first of my models that I've attempted photographing nicely. (Improvements to come, this was the result of 15 mins on my lunch break at work with my phone). Technically she's not my only unicorn - I have two of her! One lives on my desk at work, and one lives at home hanging off the doorknob to one of the cupboards. 

I wasn't even looking for Eira when I found her - I was looking for a UK seller of Lysander after spotting him in a sales email from Breyer and being enchanted by him. I'm not a collector of Classic/Freedom scale models generally, but he was so pretty and on a good deal, if the shipping to the UK hadn't been so expensive. Looking for a UK seller led me to a small business call Jollytots Equestrian, which just so happened to have this darling lady available. They're not even a model stockist usually from the looks of it - they're aimed at clothes and accessories for kids who ride. One 50% sale later, I had two Eira models and another Breyer Christmas ornament on their way to me. 

Having looked at the rest of the Christmas unicorn collection, I think Eira is my favourite - her snowy dapples and sweet face and just adorable, but I think I'll be pre-ordering this years unicorn too. Scarlet is another draft type unicorn, and her colour is just *chefs kiss*.  I'm trying not to let my completionist tendencies get the better of me with the mini unicorns, because I know at least one of them is on a mould I really don't care for. (More on that another time maybe). 

I don't really have a lot else to say about this sweet girl, other than I'm so glad I bought two! Being able to have one on my desk at work is a nice pick me up when I've had a stressful day. She sits beneath my computer screens and always gives me a little lift when I see her. (Even if I feel guilty for how often I knock her over with my disorganised piles of paper.)

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introductions: Eira

I thought I'd start my herd introductions with Eira,  my one and only unicorn from Breyer (so far!). She's the Christmas unicorn orn...