Tuesday 12 March 2024

Where to start...

 I've loved horses for as long as I can remember. Sure, some of the time that was more 'low-key' and in the background, but I'm having a full on Autistic Special Interest revival right now, and I'm fairly sure my coworkers are sick of me infodumping horse facts at them. 

'Horse' is a pretty broad category for me - not just real life horses fall under my extensive love! My Breyer model collection started last year, my obsession with Spirit has been going strong since it was released I was gifted a VHS of it, and I'm knee deep in fantasy books from the 80's that heavily feature magical horses. If something is horse related, I'm into it, and I want to know more, and please don't tell me about it during work hours because I won't do anymore work that day because the brain gremlins will take over and I will spend the rest of the day researching. Ooops. 

Do I have plans for this blog? To an extent. I have a vague list of post ideas. I mostly just wanted to make a space where I can enthusiastically share my thoughts and hopefully some people who Get It will share their enthusiastic thoughts back. 

I was delighted to discover that blogging is still a thing in 2024! This is probably the 5th blog I've ever had (the rest consigned to history, long deleted), and it was finding other active horse community bloggers that gave me the push to jump back in. So thanks to Breyer History Diva (Angela Gurdon) and Model Horse Madness (Fabala) for unknowingly encouraging the passion!

I'm sure things will change around on here as I remember how to use Blogger (It's changed in the last 11 years!) and I get things like new background photos uploaded and stuff like that. 

So for now, hello, come join the fun, and I'll see you next time

L x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introductions: Eira

I thought I'd start my herd introductions with Eira,  my one and only unicorn from Breyer (so far!). She's the Christmas unicorn orn...